Friday, July 6, 2012

Newport, Oregon



Friday – July 6, 2012

Before going to bed last night we set our TV to record the men’s semi-final match at Wimbledon. We watched the first match before leaving Florence – Roger Fedder won. We saved the other match to watch in Newport so I’m looking forward to that as I write this blog.

We’re staying at a lovely RV park at the marina in Newport. The first thing we did after Bill plugged us in was to go to lunch. We were told about a favorite place frequented by the locals which was five minutes from here so we decided to try it. Bill had fresh homemade Clam Chowder (which was delicious) and a homemade cinnamon roll. What a combination! He loved it. I had a pasta dish which ended up not being a very good choice. After lunch we went back to the motor home, picked up Daisy and headed for the beach where part of a dock had come ashore from the Japan tsunami. Bill walked down the beach to take pictures of it. It was too far down the sand for me to walk so Daisy and I waited for him at the park.

It’s 5:00 P.M. now. I’ve just put a load of wash in and after I finish this blog Bill will be pouring us our evening wine which we will enjoy while watching the last half of the Wimbledon semi-final. Tomorrow we will leave and drive an hour to Lincoln City. Today has gone by in a flash.








No comments:

Post a Comment