Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chinook Bend RV Resort, Lincoln City, Oregon Day 2


Monday – July 9, 2012

This is our second day at this lovely RV resort. I was so happy and relieved when Bill got up and was feeling okay. He wasn’t feeling well yesterday. Last evening he had a fever and his shoulders and legs were aching. He said he’d been bothered by them for the last couple of days and even started talking about taking his prednisone again. Ugh!! We were thinking he was either getting the flu or his old symptoms of sore shoulders and legs were coming back. I started thinking that these trips to Oregon that we so enjoy every summer might not be so good for him. If this continues to be a problem for him, I suspect the weather might be to blame. So far so good. It’s 1:30 P.M. as I write this and he’s feeling fine. Perhaps he was just tired. Shopping can do that to him.

There are so many paths to walk on here that we’ve decided Daisy and I would go with Bill for one good walk every day – well, good for us anyway which means about 40 minutes. We went on our first one this morning. We tried the “world’s largest doggie run”. It went forever! Daisy absolutely loved it and what a trouper she was. She was huffing and puffing but enjoying every step and smell along the path. I understand that sweet, juicy blackberries grow everywhere so I was anxious to pick them. To my dismay, the berries are just now budding. It doesn’t look like they’ll be ready for picking for several weeks.

After our walk, Bill took Daisy and me back to the motor home and then left to do a little more exploring. He walked the path he’s going to take us on tomorrow and ran into a couple of Llamas. It’s a path that runs right alongside the river. I’m looking forward to that. I’m so happy that I’m able to walk a little. It’s so flat here which is exactly what I need.

I understand the weather is 100 degrees in Sparks. It’s about 70 degrees here. We are so lucky to be able to do this and we don’t take any of it for granted.




No comments:

Post a Comment